January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
The following error message can occur when starting Fluent while being connected to a VPN: [proxy:0:0@hostname] ..\hydra\utils\sock\sock.c (270): unable to connect from “hostname” to “hostname.domainname” (No error) [proxy:0:0@hostname] ..\hydra\pm\pmiserv\pmip.c (468): unable to connect to server hostname.domainname at port 53321 (check for firewalls!) where “hostname” is the name of your local machine and domainname is the name of the domain you are connected to. This is a known issue when using the “intel” MPI method. In the Fluent Launcher in the tab “Parallel Settings” set MPI Types = msmpi Select IP Interface = 127.0.0.1 in which 127.0.0.1 is your local machine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
- License Reporting in ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS License Manager: Configuring Firewall Exceptions on Windows