January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
The following error message can occur when starting Fluent while being connected to a VPN: [proxy:0:0@hostname] ..\hydra\utils\sock\sock.c (270): unable to connect from “hostname” to “hostname.domainname” (No error) [proxy:0:0@hostname] ..\hydra\pm\pmiserv\pmip.c (468): unable to connect to server hostname.domainname at port 53321 (check for firewalls!) where “hostname” is the name of your local machine and domainname is the name of the domain you are connected to. This is a known issue when using the “intel” MPI method. In the Fluent Launcher in the tab “Parallel Settings” set MPI Types = msmpi Select IP Interface = 127.0.0.1 in which 127.0.0.1 is your local machine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?