Error in the RSM log: > Executing command: C:Program FilesANSYS > Incv110ANSYSbinIntelANSYS110.exe -b nolist -s noread -m 262 -db > 212 -np 2 -p ansys -i remote.dat -o solve.out (5/21/2008 11:42:41 AM) > The system cannot find the path specified. (5/21/2008 11:42:46 AM) > Remote ANSYS process ended. (5/21/2008 11:42:47 AM) Machine Info: Client: Name = Computer1 OS = Windows XP 32bit Remote Solve Manager and Compute Server: Name = Computer2 OS = Windows XP x64
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Reason: This error occurs when using a roaming profile. With a roaming profile the user settings, Application Data, HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry entries, and User environment variables are all transferred to any machine you log into on the network. Since RSM uses network accounts to submit jobs, when you try to send an analysis to the remote solve manager/computer server, your user environment variables were also transferred to that machine. On a Windows computer your user environment variables will overtake the system environment variables. This means that the user variable for a 32bit machine (“ANSYS_SYSDIR=Intel”) was being used instead of the system variable for the 64bit machine (“ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64”). Workaround: Verify that the following system environment variables are set on the remote machines: ANSYS_SYSDIR ANSYS_SYSDIR32 ANSYSLIC_SYSDIR Then remove the corresponding user environment variables from the client computer. Possible problem: If Workbench is ever reconfigured after these variables are deleted, the Workbench reconfigure will rewrite these variables and recreate the problem.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.