Tagged: 19, FLUENT - SYS, graphics, Installation/Licensing/Systems, Other
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
Fluent 19.x and 18.x now tries to use the “OpenGL” driver in more situations than before (previously we were using the x11 driver even in situations where the OpenGL driver was possible). This causes problems in configurations which do not support OpenGL properly. You can fall back to the x11 driver with the “-driver x11” option, or by specifying the HOOPS_DRIVER environment variable with a value of x11. To attempt to resolve this, verify that you are using a supported graphics card and update the graphics card drivers (directly from the graphics card vendor website). If the issue persists, you can do one of the following: set the DISPLAY to a local machine; set the LD_PRELOAD environment variable to /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6; or use the alternative drivers x11 or null (either by defining it in the HOOPS_DRIVER environment variable or using the -driver x11 Fluent command line option).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.