Error: “Did not upload file – Error: The hostid in the license file is not a valid hostid for this machine” When check the Host ID in the option “Get System Hostid information” of ANSYS License Management Center. The error says “Attempt to retrieve valid MAC addresses failed”
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The error says “Attempt to retrieve valid MAC addresses failed” means ANSYS License Manager is not able to see the MAC address of the machine. It happened because a package “The Linux Standards Base (redhat-lsb)” would be missing on linux OS. Kindly install that package and after that try to install the ANSYS license.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?