Error: 999999: mpt_get_dot_address: warning: mac -> 127.0.0.1. Check your system network configuration! You receive this error when trying to launch Fluent in parallel.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Some things to check 1. Verify your hostname Open up a terminal window and type: hostname 2. ping hostname 3. Verify the IP Address You can verify the IP Address by typing: ip addr show To show the IP address for eth0 you can type: ip addr show eth0 or /sbin/ifconfig -a and nslookup hostname.domain.com 4. Once verified check that the hostname value returned matches the IP address in the /etc/hosts file. 5. You might need to edit the /etc/nsswitch.conf file: On the “hosts:” line, make sure “dns” is before “files”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?