July 4, 2022 at 7:00 amWatch & LearnParticipant
This video demonstrates how to set up a half bridge inverter in order to perform an electrothermal analyses. To perform the analyses, The electromagnetic (EM) power losses of the power converter from ANSYS Q3D Extractor are linked to ANSYS Icepak. A DC Resistance/Inductance solution is defined in Q3D Extractor and link the design to Icepak to transfer the power losses. An electrothermal simulation is then run. The video also covers how high speed electric locomotives operate and the importance of IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistors) in typical electrical train systems. The beginning of the video also provides a brief introduction to power inverters and IGBTs.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Creating Icepak-Compatible Grilles and Openings
- Creating Icepak-Compatible Objects in SpaceClaim
- Creating an Icepak-Compatible Fan in SpaceClaim
- ANSYS Icepak: Creating Object Groups
- Importing BRD file in Classic Icepak
- ANSYS Icepak: Using Metal Fractions to Calculate an ECAD’s Thermal Conductivity
- Electrothermal Design of Power Converters for Electric Propulsion Systems – I
- ANSYS Icepak: Importing Geometry Using Libraries
- ANSYS Icepak: Computing Metal Fraction and Thermal Conductivity of a Trace
- ANSYS Icepak: Locating Bad Quality Cells