During license server installation, a valid license file is selected but the following error message appears: Invalid license file: The FLEXlm ID in the file does not match the system Flexlm ID even though the FLEXlm ID is correct.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
It isn’t that there is a problem with the license file, it’s that the FLEXlm ID is not recognized by the utility that we use to retrieve the host id (WinHostId.exe). At 13.0 this was changed to ignore virtual host ids due to issues with VPN ids. The ANSLIC_ADMIN process was never tested on a system that ONLY had virtual Ethernet adapters as this customer’s system seems to have been configured. While this is a distinction, it doesn’t help the customer as our utility is rejecting the host id as invalid due to this change. Since it is only checked at install time, you can install the license file manually to C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense.dat and then start the server via ANSLIC_ADMIN.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?