Do you have any tests verifying force excitation PSD by comparison to the more common base excitation PSD?
March 17, 2023 at 1:12 pmSolutionParticipant
SR 1323472733 Yes, the inputs below give the same solution for force and base excitation when one force is used. There’s no comparison possible when multiple forces are used. ! base excitation /prep7 et,1,188 mp,ex,1,1e7 mp,dens,1,.0003 mp,nuxy,1,.03 sectype,1,beam,rect secdata,.4,.2 et,2,21 r,2,1e6,1e6,1e6 n,1 n,11,20 fill e,1,2 *repe,10,1,1 d,1,all d,11,all fini /solu antype,modal modop,lanb,24 mxpand,all,,,yes solve fini /solu antype,spectrum spopt,psd,,yes d,1,uy,1 psdunit,1,acel psdres,disp,abs psdfrq,1,,1,10,100,1000 psdval,1,1000,1000,1000,1000 pfact,1 psdcom solve fini /post1 set,3,1 prdi prrsol etab,sbyt,smisc,32 etab,sbzt,smisc,34 pretab,sbyt,sbzt fini ! force excitation /prep7 et,1,188 mp,ex,1,1e7 mp,dens,1,.0003 mp,nuxy,1,.03 sectype,1,beam,rect secdata,.4,.2 et,2,21 r,2,1e6,1e6,1e6 n,1 n,11,20 fill e,1,2 *repe,10,1,1 type,2 real,2 e,1 d,1,all ddele,1,uy d,11,all fini /solu antype,modal modop,lanb,24 mxpand,all,,,yes solve fini /solu antype,spectrum spopt,psd,,yes f,1,fy,1e6 psdunit,1,forc psdfrq,1,,1,10,100,1000 psdval,1,1000,1000,1000,1000 pfact,1,node psdcom solve fini save /post1 set,3,1 prdi prrsol etab,sbzt,smisc,34 etab,sbyt,smisc,32 pretab,sbzt,sbyt
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- How to apply application-based settings to improve the performance and robustness of transient structural analyses?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- In Workbench Mechanical, how can I obtain strain energy output for Modal analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?