June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
Suppose I simulated a huge model, and later on, one part or component or sub-system is revised or added. Can I replace the old component with new? In a huge model, some component/part can be replaced to save run time. For this you need to design your modeling system in such a way that it is modular. Let’s say there is a portion of the fluid model (around a component or sub-system) that you want to replace in the future with a different version. You need to keep this region as a separate cell zone in Fluent. The boundaries of this cell zone will interface with the rest of the fluid domain using interior boundaries or walls or interfaces. Now, if you want to replace this cell zone, you can go to Zones > Delete (under ‘Setting Up Domain’ tab) and then delete this cell zone. Then go to Zones > Append > Append Case File and read the mesh corresponding to the new version of the component or sub-system. Now the new cell zone is inserted into the domain. Now you can use Combine > Fuse to fuse the face zones at the boundaries of this new cell zone so that it is integrated within the larger domain for conformal mesh. This case is now ready to be re-run.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?