April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
For Discovery Enterprise Licensing issue, please gather diagnostics for review as mentioned below. Please do this for your Client machine as well as for the Server machine. If they are one in the same, please have them run BOTH sets of instructions below as they will each gather distinct details needed to troubleshoot. CLIENT: 1. Launch the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility as the user experiencing the problem. 2. Click View Status/Diagnostic Options 3. Click Gather Diagnostic Information 4. Select Yes when prompted 5. If you would like to specify the directory of the diagnostic files, select Yes. If not, select No (there will be a pop-up window displaying the location of the diagnostic files once it’s finished gathering the files) 6. Please zip the entire diagnostic directory and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to this Animated Tutorial for assistance with how to obtain the diagnostics on the Client side and for license servers running Version 15 or earlier version of the ANSYS Inc. License Manager. Gathering Client-Side Diagnostics for ANSYS http://youtu.be/9CcJMhtim9Q SERVER: If your License Server is running version 16 of the ANSYS Inc. License Manager, please follow these steps for gathering the server side diagnostics. 1. Launch ANSYS License Management Center 1.1 For Windows: Click Start>All Programs>ANSYS, Inc. License Manager> ANSYS License Management Center or copy and paste this http://localhost:1084/ to any web browser 1.2 For Linux: Run the start_lmcenter script in ansys_Inc/shared_files/licensing/ directory 2. Click Gather Diagnostic Information 3. Click SAVE TO FILE, the diagnostic folder will be created in the same directory as the “Download Location” set for the web browser that is used to open ANSYS License Management Center. If the web browser displays options between save and open, please save the file. 4. Please email it to email@example.com
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.