Tagged: ls-dyna, LS-DYNA Suite, lsdyna, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
The stresses of a shell element written in the file ELOUT are by default in the local coordinate system of the shell element. This system is updated with time as described in Section 9 of the LS-DYNA Theory Manual. On the contrary, the element stresses written in the history database of D3PLOT are in the global coordinate system by default. To adjust this and have the stresses written either with respect to the shell local, the global, or the material coordinate system, the flags EOCS of *CONTROL_OUTPUT and CMPFLG of *DATABASE_EXTENT_BINARY can be specified for ELOUT and D3PLOT, respectively, according to the LS-DYNA Keyword Manual Vol. I. The material coordinate system is applicable only for the materials that include the AOPT field.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.