Tagged: 16, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
I would like to compare experimental data against simulation data by loading in the experimental data into CFX-Post and plotting vectors. Is this possible? Do you have any hints on how it could be done? The best way is to first do an export from CFX-Post for a plane, study the file arrangement and repeat the arrangement for the imported variables. Note, that ‘Export Geometry Information’, ‘Line and Face Connectivityâ€™ and ‘Node Numbers’ need to be switched on. When you open the exported .CSV file in a text editor, you will see that after the section with values there is a section with the connectivity matrix, and to get this right can be a problem. When importing the file, a user surface will be created. To be able to present vectors, you need to define a user variable (Type:Vector) and for the components of this vector specify the imported variables (presumably the variable components in x-,y- and z-direction).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.