June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
When solving a case in CFX-Solver using Discrete Transfer radiation model with the Surface to Surface (S2S) option, the solver may hang at the first iteration for a long time. Since the discrete transfer model traces the case’s domains with 8 (default number) rays leaving each cell face, solving a very fine mesh with this model is computationally expensive. This, in conjunction with the S2S model’s incapability to coarsen the mesh, causes hangups on iteration 1. A workaround to this problem is to run the case using the Participating Media option instead of S2S. This is because Participating Media coarsens the mesh, causing CFX to solve it faster. When implementing Participating Media, ensure that the coarsening rate produces a few hundred radiation elements so that it will result in a similar solution to one solved under S2S. For more information, please refer to section 10.7.1.2. in the CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, entitled “Transfer Mode”.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?