CFX is rejecting my partition file with the error that the number of partitions must be set. The full error is below: -definition CFX.def -parallel -parfile-read CFX.par -start-method ‘Cray MPI Distributed Parallel’ Setting default for /SIMULATION CONTROL/EXECUTION CONTROL/SOLVER STEP CONTROL/PARALLEL ENVIRONMENT/Number of Processes after it is explicitly set! at /software/ansys_2020R2_beta/v202/CFX/bin//perllib/CFX5/CCLI/Defaulted.pm line 203. An error has occurred in cfx5solve: You must specify a partition count for XXXX Distributed Parallel.
Tagged: 2021 R2, cfx, CFX solve, fluid-dynamics, General - CFX, parallel
March 17, 2023 at 8:57 amFAQParticipant
The problem is that the number of processes is already set by an EXECUTION CONTROL snippet in the .def file. This must first be removed before the run can proceed. Processor instruction in EXECUTION CONTROL conflicts with the instructions provided by partition files, so the two cannot exist simultaneously during run submission.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.