Cell Convective Courant Number in ANSYS Fluent Postprocessing – How is it being evaluated? Does it rely on a cubic root of a cell volume as a length scale?
Tagged: 19.2, fluent, fluid-dynamics, General, General - FLUENT
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The Courant number is based on the cell volume, but not via the cubic root. In the expression: Co = U * dt / delta, the ratio of the velocity and length scales, U / delta, is approximated as the mass flux coming into the cell, divided by the density and the cell volume. For example, in a simplified case of a a Cartesian mesh with a flow along the X-axis, the Courant number becomes, U_x * dt / dx, because the mass flux = rho * U_x * dy * dz.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.