January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Simulations that involve non-uniform meshes may experience numerical difficulties, such as solution divergence or non-physical results; note that this is true even when the mesh does not contain any elements that are invalid or of poor quality. A non-uniform mesh is one that has large differences in the volumes of neighboring cells, such as hex cells with hanging node interfaces. When you encounter such numerical difficulties, it is recommended that run the calculation again using a modified version of velocity reconstruction for the Rhie-Chow face flux interpolation. You can enable this by using the following text command: /solve set non-uniform-mesh-settings velocity-reconstruction yes It is also recommended that you enable the warped-face gradient correction (WFGC) for such cases. This can be done as described in Warped-Face Gradient Correction, or (for the sake of convenience) by using the solve/set/non-uniform-mesh-settings/warped-face-gradient-correction yes You can choose either fast mode and Memory Saving Mode
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Running Python Script from Workbench