March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Workbench does not have this capability. However, the following example may be used as a workaround: *IMPORTANT: C:Program filesansys incv110ansysbinintel must be added to the SYSTEM PATH of the machine. Directory Creation: 1. Create a directory called batch_test 2. Create directories under this directory called b1, b2. So now you have a directory structure of batch_testb1 and batch_testb2 3. These are the directories that will hold the input files. Input file creation: 1. Open the model in Workbench. 2. With everything set and ready to solve, highlight the Solution branch and then pick Tools->Write ANSYS Input file 3. Save this input file to one of the directories. 4. Perform this again for all models that need to be run. Saving them to separate directories under batch_test: b1, b2, ..etc. This is so that the result files are not overwritten and stored in a separate directory structure. 5. After input files are created, edit them and remove the /EOF toward the bottom of the file. (If this is not done, it will not solve) Ex. bracket1a.inp and bracket2a.inp. Once you have all the input files created and edited, create the batch command file. This file will be located under batch_test. Ex. runbatch.cmd Contents of runbatch.cmd: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ set ansconsec=true set answait=1 cd b1 ansys110 -b -p ansys -i “D:batch_testb1bracket1a.inp” -o bracket1a.out cd ..b2 ansys110 -b -p ansys -i “D:batch_testb2bracket2a.inp” -o bracket2a.out ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ You can use â€œStart->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Schedule Taskâ€ to configure a task to run the runbatch.cmd file. This will allow you to set it to start whenever you like. *The user must be logged out of the machine for Schedule task to run this. Once the solves are done, the user can open the model in Workbench, then click on: Tools->Read ANSYS Results file Browse to the directory of the solve that corresponds to the model (b1, b2..etc) and choose it (the directory). It will then load the results.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.