January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
When post-processing stresses on surface bodies, several options are available. – For stresses derived from the stress tensor (components of the stress tensor, Von Mises stress, principal stress, intensity), you can choose the position where you want to look at the stresses. By default, the “position” option is set to “top/bottom” : the stress plot varies linearly through the thickness from the top face to the bottom face. When setting the “position” option either to top, bottom or middle, you are specifically asking for the results obtained on the top face, bottom face, or middle surface. – For stresses specific to shell elements (bending and membrane stress), the result is obtained through a through-thickness integration, so there is no “position” option available.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Why might a 2D axisymmetric model fail to open in Mechanical?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench