Tagged: amplitude, frequency-response
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Frequency response is not available for total deformation in ANSYS Mechanical. The frequency response outputs the amplitude of the scoped area in one direction. For example, if there is frequency response from the X direction and Y direction, the maximum deformation/amplitude value in X and Y direction actually may not happen at the same time if there is a phase difference. In other words, when the node reach its maximum total deformation, the contributions from X and Y direction are not necessary the maximum from the two directions, so it is not correct to combine the maximum X and Y amplitude values directly.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.