Can we solve a Rigid Dynamics (RBD) analysis in batch mode? What are the batch commands to invoke the RBD solver?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The RBD solver is not intended to be used standalone. If needed, an RBD analysis can be solved in batch mode using RSM in Mechanical. That being said, the RBD solver can be started on a command line but not officially supported nor documented. The command for the RBD solver is quite different from the MAPDL argument. The simplest form is: Ansys.Solvers.RBD.exe /inputfile:inputfile.mbd /outputfile:file.mbd Note that when the model has contact, the way to start the solver is more complex.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- What does the warning “Diagonal of the mass matrix is missing in file” indicate when using RSTMAC command?
- What is mass moment of inertia in Point Mass used for?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- If the stress is higher than ultimate strength in Response Spectrum Analysis, does this mean that the component may break or yield?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.