Can not create polyline with boundary intersection option. Warning: Cannot create a polyline. Outlet is not a boundary.
Tagged: 2019 R3, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Sometimes CFD-Post gives warning as Cannot create a polyline while using boundary intersection option. Consider a small pipe with inlet, outlet and wall. Here we assume pipe length is along z direction. Now suppose you get error while creating a polyline with boundary intersection of wall and outlet. First create a plane at outlet using Insert > Location > Plane. Then use this plane instead of outlet while creating polyline. This will give you required polyline.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.