June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
Yes, there is a check box in the Options menu under the File options section for STL files: Import as body. Check this option on to import STL files as solids. This imports a solid with the same faces as the STL mesh and you can modify the geometry the same way you would edit solids created in SpaceClaim. Check ON the Merge Faces option to merge the mesh faces during import.
If you have already imported STL file in SpaceClaim then you can use right click on the faceted body in structure tree and select ‘Convert to solid’ option.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for NX: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How to hide coordinate system?
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.