March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
If the acceleration is in the Y-direction, then you can simply apply ACEL,,# in an axisymmetric analysis. If the acceleration is in X or Z, you would need to use Plane25, the Axisymmetric-Harmonic 4-Node Structural Solid. The ACEL command is used with the MODE command. Verification Manual Problem #43 shows a similar problem. Subject to the restrictions of Plane25, you can then superimpose these results onto your Plane42 model. See the Plane25 Assumptions and Restrictions, specifically that: “The element assumes a linear elastic material. Post-analysis superposition of results is valid only with other linear elastic solutions. The element should not be used with the large deflection option.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?