Can a Mechanical Distributed Memory Parallel (DMP) calculation. Be distributed across more than one machine. When the operating system used is Windows 10?
April 13, 2023 at 7:32 amSolutionParticipant
At Ansys 2021R2. For Windows operating systems only, not Linux. A decision was made to remove support for the -machines and -mpifile arguments, of the ansys212.exe command. This decision was made as testing had shown. That when running Distributed Memory Parallel (DMP) calculations. Using multiple windows operating system machines. Calculations were most stable. When submitted under the Microsoft HPC Scheduler Job Manager. If you have multiple Windows 10 machines. Which are connected across a network. Which supports a high enough data transfer rate. To reliably deal with the high data rates generated by Mechanical and APDL DMP calculations. It is still possible to enable multiple machine DMP calculations, outside of the Microsoft HPC Scheduler environment. Using the methods set out in the attached document, mech2022r1dmpwin10.pdf.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?