June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
The “Compression Only” support creates rigid-flexible contact for the boundary condition. As this support constrains the motion in normal to scoped faces only, there may be issues when there are inplane motion like sliding. The solver diagnostics try to ensure that the model has least one constraint for each DOF (UX, UY, and UZ for a 3D solid model) and at least 6 total constraints to prevent rigid body motion. However, the solver may not recognize that the model is adequately restrained and it throws warning messages about Weak Spring added into your model.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1