March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Different customers have reported cases where ASNYS Workbench applications were not working as expected. Such cases were for exapmple: – ANSYS Meshing failing with an error message: “The mesh generation did not complete due to poor quality elements or incorrect input. Please try meshing with another mesh method or different mesh options”. This error message was appearing with each geometry, even with the simplest (cube). – ANSYS Explicit Dynamics simulations stopping immediately after the start of the run without any warning or error message. It turned out that recent ANSYS Wokbench had been installed on machines where siginficantly older versions of other CAE/CAD applications had been installed. For instace, in the case of the failing ANSYS Meshing application, ANSYS 19.x (released in 2018) packages and AutoCAD 2013 were installed on the same machines – the problem was occuring on all machines. This old AutoCAD release and also other older CAD/CAE programs copy their DLL files into C:/Windows/System32. ANSYS can have DLL files with the same names (which are however located in C:/Program Files/Ansys Inc/v19.x) – in such cases it uses however the DLLs from the Windows directory instead its own files. Very old DLLs in the C:/Windows/System32 can be incompatible with the recent ANSYS versions, which can cause the unexpected behaviors such as those described above. Identification of old foreign DLL files in C:/Windows/System32 can be a challenging task. In such cases, installing ANSYS on a machine without CAD/CAE applications older more than 3-4 years than the ANSYS release might be a more efficient way to bypass the problem.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.