ANSYS SpaceClaim: While making a hole in a part with another part next to it, sometimes the hole will continue thru the adjacent part whereas sometimes it only go as far as the part itself. What do I do to make sure the hole will continue thru all parts.
Tagged: 18.2, ANSYS SpaceClaim DirectModeler, fluid-dynamics, geometry
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
If you click on the “Cut” button in the Options panel of Pull when you are pulling the face to create the hole, then it will cut through all parts. Sometimes if you do not explicitly tell SC to cut then it will only cut through the geometry that the face lies on (ie: if it is imprinted on the geometry). You can also try to create a surface that is floating out in space, not tied or imprinted to any specific solid. Then if you pull this to cut, that should go through all solids.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.