ANSYS SpaceClaim: Questions on sketching- 1. Once you create surface then a solid how do you go back and edit the original sketch? 2. How do you lock a point so you can drag the feature without moving that point? 3. How do you snap to point or feature?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
1. Once you create surface then a solid how do you go back and edit the original sketch? Editing the original sketch is no longer necessary. SpaceClaim does not keep track of features. Any edits that you need to make to the solid body (which involve the original sketch) can be done using the Pull and Move commands. Click a face and start the Move tool, then translate or rotate in the desired direction. 2. How do you lock a point so you can drag the feature without moving that point? This can generally be accomplished by moving only the desired face(s) on the solid body. Hold Ctrl and click to select multiple items at once. 3. How do you snap to point or feature? You can use the Up To option within the Pull or Move commands. Please go through Pull and Move tutorials for detailed understanding.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?