ANSYS SpaceClaim: A model has threads that are blowing up the split edges filter and I was curious if there was a best practice to handle that. I also can visually find gaps that show up as small surfaces but are clearly holes in the model but it shows as a single solid object and the check geometry finds 2 errors there is just no indication it’s a bad solid where both solidworks and mastercam find a bunch of gaps and errors. Is there an intentional push to call something a “workable” solid essentially instead of a “good” solid? or any generic rules on why a gap wouldn’t show up as a gap? I can literally line my mouse up and click on the hole and pick a surface on the other side of the model.
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Threads are generally overkill for CAD models, since all you need during manufacturing is the series information. I’d advise not to use threads at all. If they absolutely are dead set on that, maybe try increasing the Rendering Quality in SC Options > Popular. That might adjust the gaps as well. If you still have a ton of split edges, there’s not much to do there except try to repair them with the split edge tool.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?