ANSYS SpaceClaim: 1. How to move component within the assembly? 2. How to move solid body within the component?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
1. Move the component within the assembly – Select the component from the structure tree and click Move to change its location 2. Move the solid body within the component – Open the individual component (click RMB on component and select “Open Component”) and move the Solid geometry What you will notice is that if you open an individual component, it has its own coordinate system. Every item (Solid, Surface, Curve, etc) can be moved inside of a model. This affects its position relative to its own coordinate system. In the assembly, you mostly deal with the main coordinate system. However, if you open a single component and move the solid body, you may notice a change in the position within the assembly. This can be prevented by defining assembly conditions like Align, Orient, and Tangent in order to reduce the degrees of freedom.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?