July 4, 2022 at 7:00 amWatch & LearnParticipant
This video compares the S-parameter results for the differential pairs after solving the printed circuit board in ANSYS SIwave with and without HFSS Regions. You will also see the impact of the HFSS Regions on the simulation time and the peak memory usage. Results of solving a cut out of the board comprising the desired differential pairs in ANSYS HFSS are discussed as well. The simulation results and other metrics shown in this movie depict how using HFSS 3D Regions in ANSYS SIwave provides increased accuracy for the S-parameters of critical signal nets with a modest use of computing resources.
PCB used for the analysis in the video was used under Creative Commons ShareAlike Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
Original board is available at:
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS HFSS: Mitigating RF Desense — Part 2
- ANSYS HFSS: Creating 3D Components
- Installing ANSYS ECAD Integrations for 3rd Party Layout Tools – ECAD Part II
- ANSYS SIwave: Electrothermal Analyses of a PCB – Part I
- Importing Allegro, APD, SiP into Icepak via ODB++
- ANSYS HFSS: 3D Layout Model from a Cadence Board File
- ANSYS SIwave: Electrothermal Analyses of a PCB – Part VI (Mechanical Reliability)
- ANSYS SIwave: Electrothermal Analyses of a PCB – Part II
- ANSYS HFSS: Mitigating RF Desense — Part 6
- Translate MCM files for ANSYS SIwave & HFSS 3D Layout – ECAD Part V