ANSYS Installation on VmWare Horizon VDI machine errors out with this: Faulting application name: instcore.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60a3145f Faulting module name: instcore.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60a3145f Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00117d22 Faulting process id: 0x2de0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d85363aba26467 Faulting application path: C:UsersNIAZMAM1AppDataLocalTemp1ans_install_tmp18636instcore.exe Faulting module path: C:UsersNIAZMAM1AppDataLocalTemp1ans_install_tmp18636instcore.exe Report Id: 1219b82f-3d48-48bf-b00e-043d2c060901 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
This is a known defect with VMWare Horizon agent, please try this workaround: Try to reinstall the Horizon agent with “Serial port redirection” unchecked. This should allow the ANSYS installation to go through on the VDI machine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?