Tagged: ansys-icepak, DDRs, ECAD, fans, grilles, heat sinks, layers, material-properties, PCBs, thermal, vias
July 4, 2022 at 7:00 amWatch & LearnParticipant
This video shows how to create groups from objects of a PCB in ANSYS Icepak to facilitate editing operations and easily assign materials to the groups. For the purpose of this demonstration, a PCB model is used with some typical Icepak primitives, heat sinks, fans, grilles, DDRs etc. The video shows different methods to create a group from a bunch of DDR objects. Editing operations such as copy, move and delete are performed on the group. Creating a group makes it easy to assign materials and define thermal specifications, meshing levels etc., to the entire group rather than spending time doing the same for individual DDRs. Similarly, a group of fans is created. This video highlights the strengths of the modeler commands in Icepak.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Electrothermal Design of Power Converters for Electric Propulsion Systems – III
- Electrothermal Design of Power Converters for Electric Propulsion Systems – II
- Creating Icepak-Compatible Objects in SpaceClaim
- Creating an Icepak-Compatible Fan in SpaceClaim
- ANSYS Icepak: Computing Metal Fraction and Thermal Conductivity of a Trace
- Creating Icepak-Compatible Grilles and Openings
- Importing BRD file in Classic Icepak
- ANSYS Icepak: Creating Object Groups
- ANSYS Icepak: Importing Geometry Using Libraries
- ANSYS Icepak: Using Metal Fractions to Calculate an ECAD’s Thermal Conductivity
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.