ANSYS EnSight 2019R1 (ANSYS and Standalone Version) starts, but fails with the following error message that pops up in a window, if you try to load data: Could not find a valid token to check out possibly due to requested bulk features. Rerun with ‘-v 2’ for more details.
Tagged: 10.2, EnSight - SYS, Installation/Licensing/Systems, licensing, Other
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
There are two possible workarounds: 1.) You only have ANSYS EnSight Enterprise licenses (Increment ensight_enterprise), no ANSYS EnSight licenses (Increment ensight) in your license file: In this case you can force ANSYS EnSight in the Enterprise Mode (Former Gold / HPC Mode) mode by adding the argument -enterprise or -hpc to the command line (Linux) or on Windows by Right Mouse Click on EnSight R2019R1 (Start->Programs and/or Desktop) – Properties as argument to the target, e.g.: “C:Program Files (x86)CEIbinensighticon193.bat” -hpc 2.) You have ANSYS EnSight (Increment ensight) und ANSYS EnSight Enterprise (Increment ensight_enterprise) licenses in your license file. This is a known issue and referenced: ANSYS Inc Release Notes R2019R1 -ANSYS Inc Known Issues and Limitations Chapter 3: Licensing When running EnSight Enterprise in multiple server mode (SoS), via ANSYS License Manager, loading multiple cases at once, via the ceistart mechanism, EnSight Enterprise incorrectly checks out one license for each case loaded. Attempting to load more cases than the number of available licenses will result in EnSight shutting down. Work-around: Setting the environmental variable ‘ENSIGHT10_LM_BULK’ = 0 will avoid this issue, and only check out a single license when multiple cases are loaded. (67191) Original reference: https://ansysproducthelpqa.win.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v193/ai_lmt/KIL160Licensing.html In case all ANSYS EnSight licenses are in use, you can ignore the popping up error message regarding ANSYS EnSight licenses referenced in User Preferences is not available. After closing the error message ANSYS EnSight uses the ANSYS EnSight Enterprise license and you can work.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.