August 24, 2023 at 12:17 pmFAQParticipant
Ansys Discovery features best-in-class Topology Optimization Tool, which helps you compute an optimal structural design for a selected region in your model with specific design goals and constraints. It is a physics driven optimization tool that is based on a set of loads and boundary conditions.
Currently, you can use optimization to either maximize the strength of your topology, minimize the response to free vibration, or balance strength and frequency. You can also target a specified frequency or optimize to minimize volume or stress.
You can apply manufacturing constraints which will generate designs suitable to your preferred manufacturing process which will help you further.
This knowledge material will guide you on how to setup simulation for minimizing the volume with various constraints. Ansys Discovery further allows you to run a validation simulation on the optimized part faceted geometry.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Unable to view or change material properties.
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Changing Turbulence model
- FAQ Discovery Refine: How to capture Large Deformations in structural simulation?
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Changing number of substeps
- Discovery – Thermal Simulation of a CPU Cooler
- Discovery: Porous media coefficient calculator
- Discovery – Tie-rod Connector Stress Simulation
- Discovery Refine : Display issue (Red dots) when viewing Mesh
- Discovery Refine mode – Viewing mesh
- Composite Display in Discovery