May 22, 2023 at 8:57 amFAQParticipant
Connection Assesment tool
The new Connection Assessment Tool in Discovery 2023 R1 evaluates the pass, fail, or borderline status of bolts (in the Refine stage) and bonded contacts (in both Explore and Refine). The visualization of contact status is based on Factor of Safety values for shear stress and tensile stress, specified under Bonding Service Limits in the Contact Review or Contact HUDs. The Bolt Factor of Safety is computed based on a modified AISC allowable stress design.
For more information, please refer the attached document which provides a step-by-step guide to Set up and Use Connection Assessment Tool in Ansys Discovery.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Unable to view or change material properties.
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Changing Turbulence model
- Discovery Analyze Mode – Changing number of substeps
- FAQ Discovery Refine: How to capture Large Deformations in structural simulation?
- Discovery – Thermal Simulation of a CPU Cooler
- Discovery – Tie-rod Connector Stress Simulation
- Discovery Refine : Display issue (Red dots) when viewing Mesh
- Discovery: Porous media coefficient calculator
- Discovery Refine mode – Viewing mesh
- Composite Display in Discovery