ANSYS 18 Mechanical distributed parallel calculation produces the error, OMP: Error #134: Cannot set thread affinity mask. When run on a Microsoft 2012 R2 HPC cluster
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
This error can occur. If there is a clash between the processor affinity being set by ANSYS Mechanical and the default processor affinity set in the Microsoft HPC Pack 2012 R2 Cluster Manager. The error can often be prevented by making the following change. Open the Microsoft HPC Pack 2012 R2 Cluster Manager Choose, Options/Job Scheduler Configuration/Affinity Choose the affinity option, no jobs More information about the effect of switching to the, no jobs, affinity option. Can be found on the following Microsoft web page, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919424(v=ws.11).aspx
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?