An error occurred while starting the solver module. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section in the ANSYS Workbench Manual.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
This error can occur when the ANSYS product or Workbench project files are located on an external device, or on a network drive using a UNC path. Ensure that the ANSYS product and Workbench project files are accessible on the local machine, or on a mapped drive. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978856 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156276 Filename limits may also be a factor. Use a mapped drive to avoid the filename length limits. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa365247 This error has also been seen after an incomplete installation. Some antivirus programs can prevent certain library files from installing. In such cases it has been observed that the folder C:Program FilesANSYS Incv1xxansysbinwinx64 is missing a number of dll files. That folder should contain dozens of dlls. If it does not, then it may be necessary to uninstall, turn off antivirus, repeat the installation and then turn on antivirus. Additional sources of error are described in Help, see section // Mechanical User Guide // Troubleshooting :: 4 // Problem Situations :: 0 // An Error Occurred While Starting the Solver Module To get further information on what the issue may be, insert a Solution Information object under Solution in the tree, and view the contents. Possible reasons that the solver may fail are: 1. Insufficient memory – You may not have enough virtual memory assigned to your system. To increase the allocation of virtual memory (total paging file size), go to Settings> Control Panel> System (on your Windows Start Menu). Click the Advanced tab and then click Performance Options. Increase the size of your virtual memory. 2. Insufficient disk space – You may not have enough disk space to support the increase in virtual memory and the temporary files that are created in the analysis. Be sure you have enough disk space or move to an area where you have enough. 3. Corrupt product installation 4. License request rejected 5. The startup directory for cmd.exe has been overridden by the AUTORUN option and as a result causes the solver to be unable to locate the solver input files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.