An error (-5004: 0x800705aa) has occurred while running the setup Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs please contact your vendor: ANSYS.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
An error (-5004: 0x800705aa) has occurred while running the setup Problem Description: When when installing ANSYS 11.0 SP1 you receive the following error: “An error (-5004: 0x800705aa) has occurred while running the setup” Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs please contact your vendor: ANSYS. This is an Installshield error caused by a user profile that does not have the correct permissions in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER portion of the Windows registry. Resolution 1: To avoid this error message when installing ANSYS 11.0 SP1, login under a different account with administrator privileges and install ANSYS from that account. To correct this error under the current account, remove the user account from the machine and recreate it. See your system administrator for assistance. Resolution 2: 1. Open Command Prompt. Start -> Run -> Type: cmd and press Enter. 2. Type the following: * time /interactive cmd.exe Where time is the actual time. For example, if its 11:30 AM at your computer. Type: 11:31(instead of the word time). Press Enter. 3. Close the Command Prompt window. 4. Wait until the time you entered in Step 2 has begun. When this happens a Command Prompt window will automatically appear on the screen. 5. Run the setup program from command window. For example, “
setup.exe”. 6. Installshield will load and run the setup without giving the 5004: 0Ã—80070005 error. 7. Complete the installation as usual or as instructed in the installation guide. NOTE: This process allows you to run the interactive Command Prompt window as a local administrator on the machine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.