Tagged: .mechdb file
June 6, 2022 at 9:57 amFAQParticipant
If Workbench crashes, one may use the .mechdb files available in the project folder to reconstruct the model. This can be done by following these steps:
1. Copy all the .mechdb files from the crashed project folder to a new location.
2. Rename the file extension from .mechdb to .mechdat.
3. Open a new WB project, drag and drop all .mechdat files into the new project page one by one. The project should now be reconstructed.
4. Save the new project file and resume the simulation as usual.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?