After morphing using Modify Mesh in Adjoint Solver, sometimes get the negative cell volume error message
March 17, 2023 at 1:10 pmSolutionParticipant
1) sometimes while using the design tool in adjoint solver, while modifying the mesh after calculating the Design Change, an error might be reported for negative cell volume. 2) this means that while morphing, a bad quality mesh was created leading to negative cell volumes. 3) in such cases, the prior mesh can be achieved using the Revert Mesh option as shown in the image attached herewith. 4) However, it is recommended to use the Preview mesh prior to actually morphing to get an idea about the mesh subsequent to the morphing operation. 5) The negative cell volume can be due to bad quality mesh in base model itself, poorly converged adjoint solution or very high objective functions.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?