June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
In ANSYS Meshing, Named Selections can be used to select or filter a set of geometric entities, like edges or faces, by using a criterion like size, type, or location.
Please follow these steps to create a worksheet driven Named Selection:
1.Select geometry (e.g. edge or surface)
2.Right-Click > Create Named Selection.
3.Activate “Apply geometry items of same:” and select one of the 5 types (Size, Type, Location x, Location y, Location z).
Note: This selection can be changed later, so feel free to select any one of the available checkboxes.
In the Tree, select the Named Selection and a Worksheet will appear. In the Worksheet, the desired criteria for automatic selection of other geometry entities can now be defined by choosing an Action, Criterion, Operator, and Value.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How to reverse surface normal in SpaceClaim?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Swept Multizone Meshing
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: Blocking Improvement Using Edge Parameters and Vertex Alignment
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control