A customer moves the layout and then exits Mechanical. When they re-enter, the window layout is not saved…it is back to default. What is noticed is that the DSAppletWin.xml and AGAppletWin.xml are deleted whenever starting Mechanical/DesignModeler. Any Ideas as to what can cause this?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
This has been fixed in 18.2 (DE150974). It’s an issue with how the build date for our products are stored and read in different locales. The build date was read in incorrectly in certain locales resulting in the product assuming that the files were older than the build. The product deleted these files and restored the window positions to the default. The workaround for this is to change the build date in v181aisolCommonFilesBuildDate.txt from mm/dd/yyyy to the dd/mm/yyyy format.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?