(1) I want to save results for multiple cases of coil current in an MSP magnetostatic analysis. The first case converges. The second case does not. I increase the # of allowable equilibrium iterations to 40 with NEQIT but ANSYS always uses only 25. Why? (2) How do I verify that I applied the correct amount of current in my SOURC36 primitive.
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
(1) MAGSOLV has a field for specifying neqit (# of equilibrium iterations) and a default value which I believe overrides previous settings you may have established. I think if you put put the “40” in the “neqit” field of MAGSOLV, you’ll get the 40 equilibrium iterations you want. (2) You can check the mmf drop in the magnetic circuit for any given results set as a postprocessing operation. You need to create a closed loop path linking the coil and invoke the MMF command macro (accessible in the GUI or simple type it in to the command line). Do this for each of your results sets to verify that the correct coil current was used. See docu on PATH (and related) commands, or define a path in the GUI.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?